Superfoods build bones, prevent chronic diseases, improve your eyesight, and even keep your mind sharp. They are also a powerful tool when it comes to weight loss and have natural anti-depressive functions. Incorporating little bits of these anti-oxidant packed delicious foods into our diets everyday – help us look and feel younger, with no side effects! We can protect our bodies and immune systems from harmful environmental toxins while at the same time enjoy clean, healthy foods that taste great and help develop young tastebuds.
BUDDHABERRY’S FAVORITE SUPERFOODS
- BLUEBERRIES – the lowest calorie berry is packed with FLAVANOIDS, natural compounds that protect the brain’s memory-carrying cells. Very high in water content, blues are hydrating for the skin and other cells of the body.
- ACAI BERRIES – rich in anti-oxidants, the ACAI berry is a healing, immune-stimulating and energy boosting fruit. An exotic relative of the blueberry and cranberry, Acai is commonly found in the rain forests of the Amazon. Acai berries provide card-protective benefits for our hearts nd is an important tool for weight loss and anti-aging.
- CHIA SEEDS – a great source of Omega-3 fats and fiber, Chia seeds are an easy Superfood to incorporate into your diet. Chia seeds boost energy, stabilizes blood sugar, aids digestion and lowers cholesterol. Loaded with calcium, Chia seeds build strong bones and teeth as well.
- HEMP HEARTS – provide numerous health benefits. An aid for weight loss, increased energy and rapid recovery from disease and injury. Hemp helps lower cholesterol and high blood pressure, improves circulation and controls blood sugar naturally. Tastes nutty and delicious!
- GOJI BERRIES – considered by many to be an important component to the fountain of youth. Goji berries are rich in in many important nutrients and are a proven natural anti-depressant. Gojo enhances mental well-being, calmness, athletic performance and sleep quality.
- QUINOA – perhaps one of the worlds healthiest foods. Loaded with anti-oxidants and high in protein and fiber, Quinoa is very low in calories. Quinoa just may be the perfect food … and BuddhaBerry has it as a crunchy delicious topping for your froyo.
- RAW NUTS and SEEDS – very high in protein and essential nutrients, raw nuts and seeds play a major role in disease prevention by keeping us healthy as we age. Full of fiber, they fill us up and add yummy taste and texture to out frozen yogurt.
- MANGO – helps strengthen memory, aids in digestion and have properties which are proven to fight cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Mangoes are loaded with fiber, Vitamins A,C and E, healthy enzymes and anti-oxidants. In some cultures mangoes are a symbol of love and fertility and considered the “sacred fruit”. Tastes yummy on Froyo too!!
- FLAXSEED – ground flaxseed is a great source of fiber – every teaspoon has around 8 grams of it! Flax is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids which play an important role in the anti-inflammatory system of our body. Flaxeed also contains lignans which helps prevent breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
- RAW CACAO and DARK CHOCOLATE – Our favorite Superfood is packed with fiber and anti-oxidants and is really good for your heart! Clinical studies in the “Journal of the American College of Cardiology and the “Journal of Internal Medicine” both site that the frequency of stroke and heart attack in human subjects declined with an increase of dark chocolate intake. That means you can feel great about topping your yogurt with BuddhaBerry’s many dark and raw chocolate options!
While BuddhaBerry has something for everyone, we strongly encourage you to introduce SUPERFOODS to your kids at our shops. We are always more than happy to let any guest taste and try something new. In fact we love it! And what better canvas to experiment on than our wonderful custom blended frozen yogurts and sorbets.